Today I’m going to share with you The Single Greatest Fat Loss Hack that’s GUARANTEED to get you the results you seek with your fitness goals…
But first, I want to share 5 Powerful, Simple Fat Loss Tips that will help change your life!
Set a Calorie Goal Instead of a Time Goal For Cardio
Setting a calorie goal instead of a time goal gives you the opportunity to hold yourself accountable to a specific number of calories that if attained and used in conjunction with a healthy diet plan, will help you attain your fat loss goals.
Most people do a time goal and perform cardio at a comfortable, leisurely pace. The issue with this is, of course, is the fact there’s no growth in the comfort zone, as a slow, steady-state pace will not burn nearly enough calories to help create the calorie deficit needed to facilitate weight loss.
Also, having a calorie goal gives you the ability to measure progress and progressively step things up…
For example, if you set a calorie goal of 300 calories on the elliptical and it takes you 33 minutes to complete…you can work toward shaving time off by increasing the intensity, so you reach that same number of calories in less time!
This will provide an additional fat loss benefit, as higher intensity anything helps your body continue to burn more calories after your workouts are complete.
2. Eat Every 3-4 Hours
Meal timing matters! Set alarms on your phone until it becomes a part of your routine. We have to respect our eating times with our fat loss meal plans to achieve optimal results, no matter how busy we may in fact be.
Although intermittent fasting protocols ( especially 16-hour fasts, 8-hour feeding window) offer health benefits and can be very effective for the more experienced dieter, for most people, especially those new to living a healthy lifestyle, the body will burn significantly more calories when it’s fueled in a systematic, consistent manner.
It’s also easier to ensure you’re getting in the appropriate amount of macronutrients to reach your fat loss goals, especially protein, which is essential to both losing fat and building lean muscle.
Structuring your meal times and nutrition intake as such can have positive metabolic effects and perhaps most importantly, will help prevent overeating later in the day. Clearly when consuming at this frequency, investing the time to meal prep on a Sunday or using a healthy meal delivery service will help set you up for success with reaching your health & fitness goals.
3. Customize Weight Training for Fat Loss
Weight training is over 300% more effective for fat loss than just cardio alone, but you need to optimize it for the best outcome. By prioritizing weight training you will not only build muscle but dramatically accelerate the fat loss process!
- Keep rest intervals to no more than 60 seconds, as it will help keep your heart rate higher, which in turn will burn more calories and fat…
- Stay off your phone, no texting, and wait until you’re done with the workout before you engage in small talk with your fellow gym-goers. This little tip by itself can dramatically improve the fat-burning efficiency of your workouts!
- Keep the body part you’re working under tension as long as possible by practicing good form and keeping rep ranges between 12-20 per set.
- Include supersets so you increase the volume per workout which will accelerate the fat loss process.
- Be sure your workouts include compound exercises like pull-ups, squats, bench press and deadlifts because they use more muscle fibers and cause a higher rate of energy expenditure, which of course is how the body is able to burn fat!
4. Drink More Water
Here is a really simple hack to start losing weight immediately…
Drink more water! Because it’s the quickest, easiest way to boost your metabolic rate and it will also help you stay fuller, longer.
When dieting and existing in a calorie deficit, you can expect to feel hungry at times between meals when your body is adjusting to a new daily intake. You can mitigate these annoying and sometimes painful feelings of hunger by simply upping your water intake.
I drink 1 gallon of water every day minimum due to the extensive list of health benefits. I carry around a gallon so I know exactly how much I’ve drunk and so I don’t have to fill up a bottle 27 times a day. I suggest anyone who’s active do the same.
A lot of people don’t know this, but bloating and water retention can be greatly reduced by increasing your water intake. The more water we drink, the less our body fights to retain. So hydrate, early and often!
5. Follow a Strict Sleep Schedule
Prioritize your sleep and you will not only find you have more energy during the day, but you’ll have a much easier time losing fat as well.
Poor sleep habits are associated with elevated cortisol levels and growth hormone deficiency, both of which have been linked to obesity. High levels of cortisol will make it very difficult /impossible to efficiently burn body fat and can also wreak havoc on the immune system as well.
Additionally, insufficient sleep can impair your metabolism of food.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every night. Aim to get 7-9 hours of quality sleep every night. Quality being key.
- Be sure to put the phone away and turn off the TV 90 min before bed. This will help control the stress hormone cortisol more effectively, which can disrupt fat loss and make it harder to fall asleep, even if you’re tired or fatigued, Investing in some inexpensive blue-light-blocking glasses to wear a few hours before bed can also be advantageous.
- Try to have your last meal of the day at least 2 hours before bedtime. If while sleeping your body is working to digest food, it will not be able to reach optimal levels of sleep quality.
At the beginning of this article, I told you I would share with you the biggest fat loss hack known to man…well, here it is.
if you want to change your body…
if you want to change your life…
if you want to look, feel and perform better then you ever imagined possible, it’s going to come down to just one thing…
The “big secret”, “shortcut” and “weight loss hack” that everyone’s looking for is just that…
All the different diets , all the different workout plans…
They all work.
But the reason 95% of people who start a diet end up failing is not because they picked the wrong healthy meal plan or work out program to follow, but because they failed to stay consistent long enough, or often enough, to get the results they want.
When it comes to success at anything, it’s never about being perfect…
It’s always about being consistent.