If you have ever wondered whether or not you “need” to take a pre-workout supplement to have amazing workouts, the short answer is “NO”, you do not. In fact, if you feel you absolutely “need” it to go to the gym then something is very wrong.
Pre-workouts are super popular because they give you a boost of caffeinate, something Americans have become heavily reliant on. But people have become overly reliant on these supplements, allowing them to mask symptoms our body displays that are trying to let us know something is off!
If you feel absolutely drained, have little to no energy and can’t go workout unless you take a pre-workout supplement, it’s most likely (99.657%) because your diet sucks!
Lack of proper hydration and sleep can also contribute to low energy and fatigue, but REAL energy or a lack of comes from the foods we put into our body.
If you do not stay consistent with your diet, hydration & sleep then pre-workouts will *NOT* have the opportunity to impact your performance at an optimal level! Not even close…
Here are some of the reasons why…
- Your body requires a specific quantity of natural calories, split across amino acid-rich protein, slow-burning carbohydrates and healthy fats to be truly energized & perform optimally.
- The food you eat *MUST* be clean and portioned according to your goals so you get the micronutrients needed to fuel the body and boost stamina. When deficient in micronutrients your energy can fall off a cliff super fast!
- Gut health is super important for energy efficiency, so if your diet sucks, your gut health will too. When you take a pre-workout which is full of stimulants, this can hit the gut really hard, making you feel bloated, jittery, nervous and uncomfortable during and after the workout!!
- When you’re dehydrated your heart cannot pump as much oxygen to your working muscles, resulting in poor performance and limited recovery. Pre-workout will not improve this!
- If your sleep cycle sucks then your central nervous system will feel fatigued, which is a performance killer should you even be able to pull it together and drag yourself to the gym- again, pre-workouts will not fix this.
• Pro Tip: Try consuming 1/2 cup – 1 cup oats (depending on your size) 30 minutes prior to exercise. The calories will be immediately burned and consuming oats pre-workout has been proven to improve workout intensity, increase lean muscle enhancement, as well as delay the onset of fatigue so you can train longer and go harder!
Just to be totally clear here, pre-workouts are highly beneficial and can have a big impact. But *ONLY* when you are eating the right food CONSISTENTLY, staying hydrated and practicing good sleep habits..
After those hard days at work where you’ve hustled extra hard, or early mornings where you wake up and go straight to the gym so you can 10x your day, a quality pre-workout supplement can really come in handy! Just be aware that you will not get the true benefit of the supplement and will not be able to achieve your goals unless you make your diet and living a healthy lifestyle your number 1 priority!
Quality is extremely important to us here at Nutrition Solutions, and when it comes to what you’re putting into your body nothing could be more important!
Our CEO Chris Cavallini who is not only a fitness & nutrition expert, but someone who stays in peak physical condition all year and trains at an elite level, recommends Kaged Muscle PRE-KAGED, or Megawatt by 1stPhorm as your pre-workout of choice. Made by 2 of the best supplement companies on Earth these products will help you take your workouts to the next level!