1) Eat Every 3-4 Hours
Meal timing matters! Set alarms on your phone until it becomes a part of your routine. We have to respect our eating times to achieve optimal results no matter how busy we may in fact be.
Although intermittent fasting protocols (16-hour fasts, 8-hour feeding window) offer health benefits and can be very effective for the more experienced dieter, for most people, especially those new to living a healthy lifestyle, the body will burn significantly more calories when it’s fueled in a systematic, consistent manner. It’s also easier to maintain/monitor as it pertains to the intake of the macronutrients required to optimize health and maximize results.
Structuring your meal times as such can have positive metabolic effects and will also prevent overeating later in the day.
Remember, every meal you eat is an opportunity to improve your body!
1) Include a Variety of Foods in Your Diet
1) Portion Control is KeyWhen it comes to weight loss, portion control is a critical variable! Every meal you consume should have comparable portion sizes and macro nutrient content. Obviously this is taken care of for you with your Nutrition Solutions meals, but be mindful when eating outside the program. Consistent intake can optimize metabolism and increase your resting metabolic rate, (RMR) or the total number of calories your body naturally burns throughout the day.
1) Track Protein
Counting & logging every calorie or macro can be tedious, overwhelming and to be honest, completely unnecessary for 99% of the population! You do however want to pay attention to your protein intake! As a rule of thumb, you should aim to consume 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight for your health and fat loss goals! Protein is the number 1 essential building block of muscle. The more lean muscle tissue your body has, the higher your RMR. Incorporating high quality protein supplements like Phormula-1 by 1stPhorm or Micropure by Kaged Muscle supplements into your diet make hitting daily protein requirements effortless!
1) Drink 1 Gallon of Water Daily
Many medical studies support the theory that drinking water is beneficial for weight loss, but the most compelling health benefits of water intake reach far beyond the waistline!
Adult humans are 60% water and our blood is about 90%. Unfortunately, 78% of adults do not drink enough according to the USDA.
Water carries nutrients & oxygen to cells flushes bacteria from the bladder, helps with digestion, improves skin health, and protects organs and tissue.
It also increases calorie burning, serves as a natural appetite suppressant, and allows the body to properly metabolize stored fat or carbohydrates!
I suggest carrying a gallon or at least a liter to where monitoring intake seems less and you’re not having to make 37 trips to fill up your bottle every day! Because let’s be honest, you won’t do that…
1) Consistency is KingLike any goal, the secret sauce to reaching your fitness goals is CONSISTENCY! Consistency = all of the time, for a very long time. To include weekends, holidays, vacations, parties etc. Disturbing Statistic: 95% of people who start a diet will fail. It’s not that 95% of diets don’t work – it’s that most people who start a diet will fail to stay consistent. Bottom line: don’t be like most people! It’s important to remember that success doesn’t come from what we do occasionally. It comes from what we do consistently.
1) Bring Your Food With You When You’re Going Anywhere For More Than 3 HoursWe have to be as prepared as possible going into each day. Eating isn’t something we do when we have time, it’s what we do to look, feel and function our best and needs to be prioritized accordingly. Winning can be effectively defined as the science of being totally prepared.
1) Stay Disciplined
It’s normal to get a little hungry when adjusting to a diet and existing within a caloric deficit. Eventually, the body adjusts.
Keep in mind, our primitive ancestors didn’t eat every few hours, in fact, they didn’t even eat every few days! Of course, we’ve evolved as a species, but it is important we develop a better awareness to distinguish true hunger from boredom, emotional triggers, and stress eating.
Drinking more water, eating extra green veggies, and overall just meticulously following the eating schedule provided will help keep you fuller for longer while the body adjusts to your new & improved lifestyle!
Fun Fact: In the event you get “hungry”, “hangry” and contemplate having a lapse in discipline, remember that a human being once went 382 days without food, lost 276 pounds in the process, and remained in good health the entire time. (Google it if you don’t believe me 😎)
Remember, your health is an investment, not an expense.
By making the fail-safe investment in yourself by using Nutrition Solutions, you’re not just GUARANTEED to improve your health, confidence, body, and mind…
But you’ll also set an amazing example for your family, friends, and loved ones – and in the process, make the world a healthier, happier, better place by inspiring others to make some positive lifestyle changes of their own!
The way we change the world is through our example one person at a time.
And it starts right here, right now with you.
Make me proud…
- Portion Control
- Track Protein
- Take Action